Divide Overhead Door Service
With more cars parked at home than ever before, it’s essential to store them behind a well-ventilated, dry garage door. That means keeping your car safe by replacement of your older overhead door. But with so many types of garage doors and garage door openers, it’s hard to decide which is the best overhead door or opener. Not to mention choosing the right Divide Overhead Door Service company. Before you search for “overhead door company near me,” find out the types of garage doors and garage door opener options available and how to choose which is best for you.
Types of Overhead Doors
Let’s face it; garage doors are one of the first things guests notice when they arrive at your home. It can make or break your curb appeal. On a more serious note, the type of overhead door you choose as an upgrade installation will also define the level of security you have. Contact us today to book your free estimate. Let’s look at the different kinds of garage doors to make your decision easier.
- Sectional Overhead Door-Sectional garage doors are built using several panels. They are known for their attractive finish and make a popular choice for American households. As the overhead door opens and closes, wheels roll on a track on each side of the overhead door opening.
- Roll-Up Overhead Door-Roll-up garage doors are often steel formed into slats that roll up into a coil above the overhead door. They are typically used in commercial garage settings rather than residential ones. However, they are tough and cheap, meaning they don’t scratch or dent easily.
- Sliding Door/Hinged Door-Side-hinged doors swing open and close from a hinged frame. They nearly always open outwards like a barn door. They are typically created with wood and are ideal for garages with limited headroom.
How to Choose the Right Door
We have overhead door IN STOCK available for next-day installation. While all garage doors will open and close, not all are created equal. Some options provide better security, safety, durability, and affordability. Call us today for your free installation estimate! Continue reading below, when choosing your overhead door, you should consider the following:
1. Budget-Your overhead door needs to fit the needs of your budget. Steel garage doors are the most affordable, varying between a few hundred to several thousand. To save money, you might want to consider choosing a manual model too.
2. Style-It’s essential to pick a overhead door that suits the style of your home. Certain garage door materials look best with particular colors. For example, a sectional garage door tends to suit ranch homes. However, it might not suit a Tudor-style home. Same with the garage door accessories.
3. Security Features- Advances in technology have improved the security features of garage doors. Most doors come fully loaded with features designed to keep your possessions and your loved ones safe. They include advanced encrypted wireless technology, a trolley release system, and remote lockout.
4. Materials- Choose a material that fits with the overall aesthetic of your home, as well as its existing color palette. Steel is a broadly popular garage door material due to its design flexibility, durability, and overall value. At the same time, wooden doors are eco-friendly, heavy, and have a timeless charm.
5. Durability- Garage doors are built from various materials, namely steel, wood, and aluminum. These materials have pros and cons in terms of durability. For example, wooden garage doors do not fare well with extreme weather. However, a steel overhead door is built to withstand the elements.
Overhead Door Service Maintenance
Are your overhead doors not working how they used to? Maybe you’ve done some minor DIY garage door repair, such as resetting your garage door opener, tightening some nuts and bolts, or adjusting the sensors. This type of garage door repair is significant for the ordinary homeowner to tackle, but some issues will require a garage door repair service expertise that goes beyond “a do-it-yourselfer.” Some problems like a worn garage door spring will need a professional garage door repair service technician to look at, and if you try to fix the problem yourself, you may do more damage. Continue to read below a list of what you should and shouldn’t repair when it comes to your residential garage door. Call us today for more info!
Extra noises can be a tell-tale sign that you’ll need to call a professional for a garage door repair or service. You may hear squeaking or clicking when the door is in motion. While you may think it’s not a big deal, it may present a dangerous situation if not able to schedule a garage door repair. These noises could be loose, bolts, or wearing springs. A significant cost-effective service we offer is a $75.00 Tune-up; in most cases, this covers a vast amount of repair garage door owners need. If these springs or bolts fail, it could lead to costly damage to your garage, injury, or even death. It’s imperative to call a residential overhead door company when your overhead door system starts making funny noises; garage door services may be needed. Call us today!
Over time an overhead door will eventually start sagging if not appropriately maintained with annual services. When this happens, you’ll begin to see significant gaps under the ends of the door. To prevent this, you’ll need to test the garage door balance monthly. Bring the overhead door down halfway to see if it rises or falls on its own. If it does, the tension springs have worn out or become faulty. If that’s the case, you’ll need professional garage door repair services to help alleviate the problem.
Slow Door Response
Observe the length of time it takes for the garage door opener to open/close the overhead door when you use your remote to see if your garage doors are operating at an optimal level. It should take no more than two seconds for your overhead door to respond to these commands. If there is a delay beyond two seconds, it may be a sign that your door needs a tune-up. If your overhead does nothing when you press the open or close buttons on your remote, it may be a bigger problem.
Faulty Photo-Eye Sensor
The photo-eye beam, also called Photo Eye Sensor, is made to tell your residential door to stop closing or opening if there is an obstruction. An infrared beam shines from one sensor to the other. If the infrared beam is obstructed and the overhead door continues to close or open, this could present a dangerous situation. You could have an alignment problem with the photo-eye if your overhead door didn’t open or close when you pressed the buttons. Call us, the trusted garage door repair company, if any of these problems arise with your garage doors.
A nylon roller can wear over time and become bent, broken, or faulty. Deformed rollers can cause loud noises, bend the hinges, and roll the overhead door off its tracks. When this happens., you’ll need to replace or repair the rollers to repair the issue. Ensure you get a skilled overhead door tech to take care of the problem. Contact us today!
Call us today, our friendly office team is ready to book your free estimate. Our friendly technician would arrive on site, at your scheduled time, inspect your overhead door and opener. He will provide you with a price to complete any job, service, repairs or replacements. If the price works, we will complete the job while on site. If not, we would leave at no cost to you and the quote would be good for four days on service and repairs seven days on replacements.
Garage Doors Off Their Tracks
This repair can directly correlate with the roller issues we’ve stated above. Bad rollers can cause the residential overhead door to go off its tracks. It can be challenging to get the door back in it’s proper installation place when this happens. This is not a repair job you would want to tackle on your own. Getting a door back on its tracks may require particular parts, heavy equipment, and extra labor on hand. An overhead door service can help you with this problem and get your overhead door back in shape, safely, and professionally. Contact us today for more info and daily specials.
Reliable & Convenient Garage Door Openers
One of the most common service repair problems we see with garage door openers is not opening the insulated overhead door. Another problem, the garage door opener sounds like it’s working. However, it’s not moving. You should call the friendly staff at A1 and have one of our professionals diagnose, repair, or replace your garage door opener if any of these issues are arising. You can choose from Lift Master® and Chamberlain® garage door openers, among others. The garage door openers we offer range from the primary contractor series to the more advanced ones with Wi-Fi. Call us today for a free estimate on your replacement garage door opener! Contact us today to book your free estimate.
Commercial Garage Doors
A1 currently does not provide commercial doors, or commercial garage doors installations. Additionally, commercial garage door service or repair and commercial garage door openers are also not in our current specifications.[/su_spoiler] [/su_accordion]